THE SOUTHERN REGION OF THE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST ASSOCIATION
IS PROUD TO OFFER:
The Extended Leadership Experience
Exclusively for Unitarian Universalist Congregations in North Texas during the 2016-2017 church year.
With Natalie Briscoe and Connie Goodbread, Congregational Life Field Staff
Saturday of the month and take place every other month over the course of one year.
The dates for the sessions are:
October 1st, 2016
Horizon Unitarian Universalist Church
December 3rd, 2016
Denton Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
February 4th, 2017
Oak Cliff Unitarian Universalist Church
April 1st, 2017
The First Unitarian Church of Dallas
June 10th, 2017
In conjunction with the Standing on the Side of Leadership Conference
For the last decade, the Southern Region has been offering the Dwight Brown Leadership Experience. Six years ago, DBLE's sister school, The Southern Unitarian
Universalist Leadership Experience (SUULE) was created as a compliment to DBLE in the eastern half of the Region. Congregations that send teams of leaders to these events year after year consistently report the following:
- They see a great change in the abilities of their leaders. Their Leadership Experience Graduates are more grounded, centered, and prepared for leadership.
- Congregations and Leaders are better connected to the larger Faith after attending a Leadership Experience. They know they are not alone and that they have support in their holy work.
- Congregations and Leaders are equipped to handle conflicts in a better way, and they are quicker to ask for help before things get out of hand. Coupled with the great success of our Leadership Experiences, we have also seen some drawbacks.
One drawback to the way we have been offering this deeply experiential learning opportunity is that it happens intensely and all at once, in a short five day event. This offers little time for reflection, experimentation with the tools, or time for the kind of struggle it takes to come to deeper awareness. In addition, the experience can be overwhelming for some and impossible for others, due to health reasons or family concerns. The Southern Region Staff has also heard feedback from congregations explaining that there is a great cost associated with sending a team to DBLE, and many congregations are entering difficult financial times. Finally, taking a week away from work and family obligations is not possible for all leaders, making the current Leadership Experiences not entirely accessible.
Building on the success of DBLE and SUULE, the Southern Region Staff of the Unitarian Universalist Association invites the North Texas Unitarian Universalist Congregations to an Extended Leadership Experience.
Characteristics of an Extended Leadership Experience:
The Extended Leadership Experience (ExLE) will be focused on intensive and intentional leadership development. The main goals of an Extended Leadership Experience are:
- To provide deep, lasting relationships that allow space for transformational learning to occur
within a cluster and its member congregations, and
- To provide high-quality faith development opportunities which grow leaders whose charge is to
foster and maintain the health of those particular congregations.
Please download the PDF brochure for additional program information.
REGISTRATION AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Registration closes Sept. 24th.
Please click to submit your onlne registration from the EventBrite website:
NTTUUC will be offering scholarships for up to half of the $120 cost to attend all four sessions. Please note that the deadline for requesting registration support will be mid-September. Please don't delay.
Two Payment Options - You can either:
- submit your full payment with your event registration, and after you've applied for Registration Assistance, we'll send you your reimbursement,
NTUUC Registration Assistance Request
- use the payment/donation button below to submit half the amount and we'll send one check to the regional office for all those receiving Registration Assistance.