Westside Unitarian Universalist Church
Welcome to Westside! The Church of the Free Spirit.
Westside Church is a young and thriving church in the near south sector of Fort Worth, dedicated to helping people grow their souls by providing a full program of activities that nourish the mind and spirit. We are creating a community of people united by a covenant of mutual respect and care, embodying spiritual freedom so that people may hear and heed the call of the divine, however they may define that.
On Sundays, our emerging worship tradition is abundant in music and singing, as well as in preaching from the rich traditions of both Unitarianism and Universalism. We are a church dedicated to children as well as adults and offer a complete program of religious education classes for all ages on Sunday.
Throughout the week, a number of small groups and classes meet around the common interests of our diverse and free community: everything from spiritual practice, church history, and the ideas of the Great Books, to quilt making and investments. Newcomer classes are held regularly.
Membership in our church is open to any person 18 years or older who is in sympathy with the purpose and program of this church. It is specifically understood that membership is open to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, disability, affectional or sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Come and be a part of the growing community at Westside Church, "the church of the free spirit."
The "Survivor" Chalice
View our sermons on
our YouTube Channel
Year founded: 1994
Handicapped Access: All
901 Page Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas 76110
We are a Welcoming Congregation.
Monday 9am - 1pm & Thursday 9am - 1pm
- Our Social Coffee is before Service, at 9:30am
- We have two Sunday Services. The first service begins at 10:00am and second service at 11:30am
- Teenager’s Religious Education begins at 11:30am
- Children’s Religious Education begins at 10:20am during first service and 11:50am during second service.
- Sunday Adult Forum meets every week at 10:00am
- Adult Religious Education begins at 11:30am
- Childcare available every Sunday morning starting at 9:45am
- Other classes and groups meet throughout the week.
- Call the church at (817) 924-6988 for more information.
LeadershipMinister: Rev. Shari Woodbury
Cherri Mayberry, Administrative Assistant
Music Director: Kathy McConnell
Board of Directors:
President: James Finn
Vice-President: Dianne Nixon
Secretary: Reed Bilz
Treasurer: Lane Smutz
Directors: Tricia Bowes, Jeff Bullock, Ginger Courtney,
Ric Hansen, Don Jackson, Ken Leising
Other committee information, activities, & church photos available through the WUUC web page.